Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE 6 Either Model WWA 5636M or WWA 5669 M. my little

I have a GE 6 Either Model WWA 5636M or WWA 5669 M. my little mesh "delicates" bag (I put hose & bras & stuff in it while washing them) has a tear in it - As a result, a pair of pantyhose slipped out & got caught under the agitator thing in the middle of the machine - I tried to pull the hose out but it seems twisted on some part under the agitator, inside the machine. Any hints on what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this what your agitator looks like. ? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't see the agitator you're referring to...
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry, Part 1211
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it is.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok these are real hard to pull off , I use a special agitator removal tool on allot of these. its expensive though you dont want to buy one. you have to get your hand under the agitator and pull it up real hard but before you try this see if the very top unscews some do some dont. anyway when you pull this up be careful if it comes loose sometimes you can hit yourself in the face. its real hard to get these off sometimes. dont try to pry this to much or you can break it. if you cant get it off you can order the agitamer its for getting agitators off. click here to see how this works. http://agi-tamer.com/pages/info_page.html hope this helps. if you can get the agitator off you can get the garmet out from around shaft. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem , just be careful not to hit yourself in the face. before I got the tool I've done that! please dont forget to press accept for its the only way I get paid for assisting you. you can always come back if you leave the question open and ask more questions at no additional charge, well wishes ,thanks Bryan