Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My machine (Kenmore 70 series 22721) went off-balance during

My machine (Kenmore 70 series 22721) went off-balance during spin, then stopped. I decided to put it through another rinse/spin cycle the next day, it filled with water, but now won't drain. I haven't ruled out the hose, but don't think that's it. The dial sort of stops and nothing more happens. It's like the timer for the cycle isn't working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Hi, can you give me the complete model # ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
92272100
The model # XXXXX XXXXX comming up for me, I will opt out so another tech may help you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check your lid switch. theres a post that sticks down on your lid and goes through a hole in the top of machine this is where your lid switch ic. try pushing a pencil in the hole and see if it try's to start spining. these break easy there plastic. it looks like this I believe in yours. Lid Switch - Click Image to Closethis is made by whirlpool and the one I showed you can be puchased at, http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=65 for around $23.00 hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, it's the switch, but from what I can see, that part doesn't look the same. When I put the pencil in, it did (finally!) drain, but I had to stand there with the pencil because when I closed the lid, it didn't work. Do instructions come with the part so I can replace it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes , it comes with instuctions , in the begining of the model # XXXXX your machine under the lid there should be a 3 number prefix. like 110. 106. 556. something like that can you check it this may have the old style switch but the new style should fit in it. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.