Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Soon after the wash cycle starts my Maytag washer suddenly stops for no apparent reas

We never know when this is going to happen, and it has been happening for about 1 year now. It does not seem to matter if it is a small load or large load. can't figure it out.....
do you smell anything like a motor burning? can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No smell at all, just kind of sounds loud then stops. If we let it sit, it eventually will come back on. Model Legacy series SAV515DEWW
when you say loud do you mean a screeching sound then it stops? if you do you may need a tub bearing assembly, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, no screeching, like a lower continuous noise for a short time before it stops.... Unlike the rhythmic noise of the wash cycle. You can tell when it is going to happen.
and whenthis happens are you able to restart this? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, we cannot restart, we have to wait for the machine to restart itself. If you just leave it sit, it will eventually start going again.
I think you have a bad motor in this , heres the motor. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is expensive though, $183.00 but if you have to wait for the machine to reset itself its the motor. the motor has a thermal overload in it to stop it from burning up or catching fire. if you want to spend the money you can order this here. thanks Bryan