Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whats the best way to access the water inlet valve on a kenmore

Whats the best way to access the water inlet valve on a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher? (Model 665.15958791) As I have not removed anything yet, the unit may be leaking from underneath as a quick inspection revealed. Which component exactly relating to the problem is not known yet but due to the clean water leakage, the inlet valve is suspected.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is your wter inet valve ,Part 904388its located right it the front of the machine when you take the botton front panel off usually on the left side front, I will look up diagrams for you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Have removed front panels. Ran the washer through the quik rinse program to isolate leak. the water valve is not leaking. The leak is up on the cabinet above the inlet valve. Left side about 8 inches from the floor. Was reviewing parts diagrams. INlet hose vacinity per parts diagram (item 37). The leak does not occur during filling or emptying of the machine. only during the wash cycle.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
check your spray arm assembly for cracks sometimes these get a small crack in them and spray water out the door there is a vent and the waetr forces its way up ad over the lip at the bottom of the door. Part 679719the other thing to check would be your this Part 679921these sometimes leak its your latch for soap disensor, and check the float assembly. Part 524392 leaks are the worst thing to find in these, let me know what you find. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pulled the cabinet out as far as possible while leaving all plumbing connected, ran it through the cycle again and found that the leak appears to be coming from the air inlet housing (item 23). There are no cracks previously mentioned. The gasket for the air inlet is now the primary suspect. Water during the normal wash cycle splashes around and into the air inlet and the faulty gasket allows the water to run outside the cabinet/tub assembly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by air inlet hose. is this the diagram you getting your info from? . I believe you are refering to the vent system but cant be sure. can you send me link to you diagrams or site your seeing this on. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, the image is the tub assembly (attached) the air inlet housing (item 23) gasket (item 27) is where the water is passing through from what I can see.

graphic

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I know the type you have now. the hose loops up and around this inlet system I not so sure its the gasket though I suspect its the hose or the assembly is clogged up and the water isnt flowing in or part #23 has a crack in it. are you able to reand inspect it? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the AIR INTAKE VENT (item 23) has a gasket (item 27) that prevents water from leaking around the vent. Apparently over its 10 years of useage the gasket has become degraded and is now allowing some water to pass through.

Thanks for your help! :)

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok then replacing this should take care of the problem. the problem is this part is out of stock at most of the suppliers I've checked. I would call this guy. after 9am est. if anyone can get this he can. he has 25 warehouses across the U.S. click here, http://www.apconline.com/ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is what it looks like. Part 524846thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I ordered the item from Sears Parts Direct. Total cost including shipping was 19.73. I plan on returning the item (tried to cancel the order) as the gasket replacement wasn't necessary. It appears a form of plumbers putty is used from the factory in combination to the gasket. The gasket was fine, but the would be plumbers putty was disintegrated which was allowing the leakage.

Permatex Blue makes an outstanding semi permanent repair (if you ever need to remove the components in the future) and is much cheaper.

BE SURE THE PART YOU WANT IS NEEDED BECAUSE SEARS DOES NOT ALLOW CANCELLATIONS. I wont be referring SEARS for parts to anyone unless they are desperate.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats great ! I'll keep that in mind if I run into this. its an unusual problem. have a great day. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.