Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Mayatg Neptune mah4000aww washer and the machine shuts

Customer Question

I have a Mayatg Neptune mah4000aww washer and the machine shuts off at the end of the tumble cycle. If I push the start buttom and advise the timer to the spin cycle it will spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 8 years ago.

pull the 3 screws out of the top of the control panel and look at the control board. Do you see a resistor burnt.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already checked that and the machine will spin if I manually advance the timer to spin otherwise it shuts off
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you should check the drain pump, if these don't drain completely within certain amount of time the will shut down. also is the door lock light on when this happens? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no drain problem and yes the door lock light is on even after the "on" light goes out
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok if all that works fine and it spins when you turn the timer to spin it has to be the timer itself. you probably have a dead spot in the timer. heres the timer. Part 455526hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had two extra timer and I replaced it twice and it changed nothing. Now, both of the timers were rather hard to turn and I don't have another timer to try this is p/n(NNN) NNN-NNNN I do have other neptune timers but they are another p/n. Can you tell me if there is a alternate p/n tomer that will work in a MAH4000AWW unit?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click here its the only timer I see for this. if the ones you have are hard to turn its most likely the timer. thanks Bryan. link , http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=46670
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.