Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a dacor range with the knobs that light up. One of them

Customer Question

I have a dacor range with the knobs that light up. One of them isn't working and I would like to attempt to fix it myself. Is there a way to get my hands on a dacor ER36D repair manual? I am a very capable electronics tech and I do a lot of repairs myself if the item in question is not under warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
what exactly are you trying to repair? The blue light on one of your knobs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the blue light, one of them (LED?) is out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
well this is a lot harder task then you'd imagine. You need to remove the burners and remove the burner rings on the side where the knob is (so if the light is out on the back right burner knob then remove both the front right burner and the back right burner.

You will need specialty tools to remove the burner rings. Once you have the burner rings off, remove the screws going through the side and front trim so that you can pull the black ceramic drip pan out. You can access the light from the back of the control panel after you remove the ceramic panel.

Dacor does not have any repair manuals for this appliance because it has to be less than 2 years old, they generally don't have repair manuals for about 5 years after the appliance has been introduced into the market, and again you need specialty tools to remove the burner rings without damaging the burners.