Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just bought a used GE WBVH2640FWW Front Load Washer. It did

I just bought a used GE WBVH2640FWW Front Load Washer. It did one load and stopped in the middle of the second load. The start/pause button is blinking and if you press it is beeps twice. It is in the doorlocked position and I can't get my clothes out. How can I unlock it? That is my initial problem. I think from researching that the door latch is broken.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is your door lock aseembly, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=on the left side is a ring, you pull this to unlock the door. of course this ring will be straight down in machine. heres a diagram of the front of machine. you need to take the screws out of the bottom panel and reach up in to the door lock to pull ring to unlock this. diagram take scews marked 281 out. also once you have the panel off check the pump catch seceen you may be blocked up and need to clean this out this may be causing your problem, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=just get towels ready there will be water in this. I usually tip machine back against wall to keep some of the water from comming out.hope this answers your question.thanks Bryan , please please dont forget to press accept so I will get paid for helping you. you can come back after and still ask questions if you need at no extra charge, thanks again.