Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Series 980 dishwasher. The separate plastice

I have a Whirlpool Series 980 dishwasher. The separate plastice piece that seems to control the opening of the detergent came off and I can't see how it goes on again. I put it back where I thought it should go but the detergent compartment didn't open. Does anyone have a picture of where this part goes so I can put it back on properly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the full model #? it should be on the inside of the dish washer on a tag on the side. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan

the full model number is XXXXX

if you had a picture or something that could show me where the plastic piece goes that would be helpful

thanks

Ian Ray

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
click here for all the diagrams for your machine. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=262513 hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan

I have the part but I can't tell from that diagram how it goes on-I think it is part 22 or 23 but they don't have a picture.

do you have any other diagram which might show how this goes on-it clicks onto the bottom rack somehow.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
click here there are pictures of parts. I have to go out but see if you can fid a picture of the part and let me know . thanks Bryan, link http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?searchText=GU980SCGB2
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I didn't find your answers helpful as they didn't solve my problem

I'm not sure why i have $36.17 on my account when I only put $17 on.

this being said I do want to pay you for your time.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well you would only be charge $9.00 for this question if you pressed accept. i'm not sure why your account says you have $36.17 in it . if you feel i havent helped you you do not have to accept. wish i could have done more,well wishes thanks Bryan