Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a roper side by side fridge and just recently the ice

i have a roper side by side fridge and just recently the ice maker stopped working. it seems to me that the ice maker is not getting water so i checked the fill valve and it is not getting any power. i switched the plug from the door water dispenser and got the ice maker to fill. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its sounds like you need to replace the ice maker module . can you pull the front cover off the ice maker and tell me if one of the two tabs in the middle of the big gear is borken or loose? heres a puicture of what your looking for. Ice Maker Module - Click Image to Closethe bis white gear with the red writing on it you can just replace this module instead of replacing the whole ice maker. allot cheaper. let me know. the front cover comes off you may have to pry it a little with a small screw driver but it just snaps on. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i only see one little tab in the middle of the white gear
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok yopu need to replace the module for sure. there is suppose to be two tabs, we replace allot of these. this will take care of your problem. the best way to do this is to remove the ice maker and the take a small screw driver and on the left side you will see the plug push the tab in that holds the plug and pull plug out , then take the three screws holding the module on lift the arm up and pull it out of the hole in the back of module and replaced the module push the arm back in then put the plug back in and then the ice maker. tyou can order this for $57.45 good price and they give a full year warranty. click here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks i will get this ordered and see if it takes care of it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it will definitely take care of it. thanks , Bryan, please don't forget to press accept, its the only way i get paid for helping you, you can still come back and ask me more questions if you need to at no extra charge, thanks again ,Bryan