Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

Is there a procedure for rep the control module on front o

Customer Question

Is there a procedure for rep the control module on front of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am replacing the computer control on a kenmore dishwasher, Model#587 15252402.

Is there a proc. for replacement, other than unplugging the mach. I replaced one

already & i think it was def. the washer will not cycle it just washes. IT wont go to

dry or sanitizeor even light up the clean light. It only goes on wash.

If you have replaced it once the only thing you should do is ground your self.If you have static electricity in your body it can damage the board.

If this has been helpfull please press accept thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

And just how do i go about doing that. Is there a sequence to plugging it back in or do I just take my chances. I know i rep. the last one very carefully because its a computer

board

Find something plastic like the console of the dishwasher before handling the board hold on to it with both hands for 15 seconds other then that there is not much to it.Make sure the power is off.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you mean unplug the darn thing.

Yes definetly.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX nothin. Thanks for the HELP

No problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Did you get paid

Yes thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well it still doesnt cycle, there has got to be a reset sequence when you unplug this

thing. When you plug nit back in two lights on the front blink. I replaced the board again & the same thing. There is a paper inside that tells you how to reset after power loss but I dont get it.

What don't you get?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

well to start out I asked you yest if there was a restart seq. and you never ans.

I can get the damn thing to cycle man, but it will not cycle on its own. When i run the

water test on it it cycles , but it just wont do it on its own

The board came the reset sequence didn't it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

NO

Oh send me the make and model#
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I sent you this yest, kenmore model# XXXXX . 15252402,ser # XXXXX 73785761. It is only 14 or

15 mo old. A repair guy told me it was the board, I think he knew how to reset it and

just didnt.

You said you had the paper that tells you how to reset it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried but I dont get it. it is confusing.

What does it tell you to do?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the water/service test is a specialfunction initiated from the power failure mode or idle mode

while in power failure mode- simultaniously press the heat dry / cancel pads for

half a second

the dishwasher will then step through the test cycle per the chart pushing the start/cancel pad will adv. the dish. to the next step

while in idle mode- simultaniously press the HI TEMP & start/ cancel pads for 3 seconds

Iam just having supper give me a minute.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ENJOY

Start the unit press heat dry and cancel pad.What happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it goes thrugh each cycle for 60 to 90 sec

When it has gone through the cycles press the hitemp and cancel pads what happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it does the same thing again. I am not sure when to do it though

Wait about 20 seconds then try it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the renters are home so ill try tomorrow & let you know . I think i tried it .

ok