applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

the thermostat on my freezer goes up to 7 I have it set on

the thermostat on my freezer goes up to 7 I have it set on 5 it has always been 0* inside now it is 20* it makes ice slowly they have replaced the compressor twice because they put to much freon in the first time the line kept freezing up ruining my wood floor. they are coming back out today and told me that 20* is a fine temp and it will make ice and keep all my meats frozen. I don't think this is correct.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
You are correct, the freezer should be between 0-5 degrees.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so that means if it stays on 20* I could lose things. the repairman said I can raise it on the thermastat to the highest #7 but then the freeze will run all the time
You should not have to put it at seven to have it between 0-5. Have you set the thermostat at 7, What were your temps? I would not want my freezer at 20, I like mine around five. If it is at 20 and then it goes into defrost it will get warm enough in there to start thawing things, then when it cools again you will get allot of freezer burn.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thats what I needed to know I have the company coming back out today to look at it and your answer helps me alot.

Bobbie

I assume the compressor was under warranty. Do not be satisfied until the refrigerator is running as well as b/4 the new compressor was put in. Good luck.