Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer Model MAH3009AWW.

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer Model MAH3009AWW. When I push the START/STOP button the ON light comes on for approx 4-5 sec then goes off. Door looked light never comes on.

If you look at the diagram here .Its a breakdown of your washer . Go to the door latch section and bring up the diagram. The problem could be the was motor in the picture.

I would check that .I will be here If you need me

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sometimes the door lock light comes on when I push the start/stop button. Like I said it runs for about 4-5 sec then cuts off. I an hear a clicking sound coming from the circuit board in the back. Also, if I hold down the start/stop button the on light will go out in 4-5 sec but it washer will seem to run. It will not spin it will just pump the water out. I check belts and motor all appear good. If go the diagram like you suggested, how can I check to see if it the motor?

The clicking sound from the control board is a relay .

You can use a volt meter to check the voltage at the motor when this happens

If no power at the motor ,Check the board

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have got to go for a while. I still have to figure out how to remove all the housingaround the door lock switch to get a meter in there unless I can check it from the back or near the circuit board?

Look at the back of the top for a few screws to slide the top off

You will see the parts that way

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, so here is the deal! I measured the voltage at the door lock wax motor and sometimes I had good voltage (only for 4-5 sec) and sometimes not. I disconnected the door lock wax motor completely and manually forced the door lock plunger into the locked position with the door lock light on and the spin micro switch engaged. I figured by passing the wax motor would allow the washer to operate normally. However, once I pushed the start/stop switch the on light would only come on and stay on 4-5 sec. I did one more check by replacing the door lock wax motor with the softner wax motor...still same results. I believe the problem is with K1 on the motor console board. It clicks on when the start/stop switch is pushed but trips after 4-5 sec. What is your thoughts? If it is K1 can it be replaced without replacing the entire board? What kind of cost am I looking at if I have to replace entire board or just the K1 relay?
Are you saying the unit shuts off completely after 4 to 10 seconds after starting the unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Actually, when I press the START/STOP button the ON light comes on but the door lock light never comes on. It will begin filling or pumping out water (no spin) for 4-5 sec then the entire unit turns off.
So the drum never turns at all?, Correct??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that is correct

You will need to replace the motor / motor controller, this is part number 12002039 to repair the unit, this part can be ordered at or

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
why would you believe it is the motor? If I hold down the START/STOP button it will continue filling up or pumping out water. But, you are correct the drum never spins when pumping out.
This is a known problem with this model..While working for Maytag I had seen this many times, the repair kit I list is a complete kit for the unit,,,,,You can look at the motor controller in the lower section and most likely you will see a fuse that is black and burned out....
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your assistance. I will go check for the burnt out fuse. I will order the part and see if it works.
No problem,don't forget to ACCEPT