william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

my kitchenaid superba refrigerator will not make ice. i have

my kitchenaid superba refrigerator will not make ice. i have replaced the water filter and still have no luck. it has made ice in the past, but it was always sporatic. inside the freezer is a freezer control with an on/off switch. there is a blinking red light on that control. could that have something to do with it? If so, how do i fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

try this this is from a DIY

My wife installed a new filter and didn't purge (AKA flush) it enough. As a result, my ice maker quit. Since there was air in the line, the water feed into the ice maker froze. You should check your water feed. In your freezer, look to the top right part of your ice maker. You will see a short (2 inches or so) black tube that feeds water into a piece a plastic on your ice maker that looks like a small cup. Squeeze the tube to see if frozen. If it is, there is probably also a frozen pool of water in the 'ice maker' cup. You can use a hairdryer but be very careful as you can melt the plastic. My service guy took out the ice maker and ran it under hot water. He used a small screw driver to get the ice out of the black hose. Removing the ice maker looked pretty easy. You can remove the ice maker door (it justs snaps out). the ice maker also just slides out. If you are not comfortable removing the wire connection, there's enough plat in the wire to allow you access to the frozen cup of water. You could pour hot water over the ice maker while it remains connected. When done, cut power to the entire frig for about a minute. This will reset the ice maker. Note that you may have a wait a few minutes to actually hear the ice maker fill with water since it has a timer mechanisms

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.