John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We own a 2 year old GE refrigerator Model # XXXXX (freezer

We own a 2 year old GE refrigerator Model # XXXXX (freezer on top). The ice maker stopped producing ice - no water seemed to be getting to the ice maker. The local technician quickly looked at the ice maker and said we needed a new one. I ordered a new $169.00 ice maker direct from GE and we now continue to have the same problem with the new ice maker which is installed and seems to have power. It seems that the refrigerator is not sending water to the ice maker. The interior cold water dispenser located on the wall is working well and we do not have any water filters installed in the refrigerator. Can you please give me tips on what the possible causes could be that prevents the flow of water to the ice maker?

Do you have a volt meter to check the water valve

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear Doc,

Sorry for the delay in writing but the new ice machine started to work. We think that air must have been introduced into the water line when the repair man disconnected the line trying to discover what the problem was. It took a day before the machine started to produce ice.

Thank you. Customer
Hey Glad you got it fixed