william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have a GE Dishwasher model #GSD2000G00BB. It was in our

I have a GE Dishwasher model #GSD2000G00BB. It was in our home when we moved in three years ago, is used regularly, and has worked fine until two days ago. The dishwasher will make sounds like it is trying to work, but upon inspection I find that the spray arm & tower is not spinning. However there is a slow flow of water coming out of them. I have checked and cleaned the float and trap, as well as checked the spray tower, and everything there seems to be in working order. I removed the font access pannel and the electric motor does spin when in operation. SO now I am stumped as to why it is not spraying. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
when it gets ready to wash how much water is in the basin
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
None. Which leads me to belive the drain is not closing. (Bad drain solenoid?) So this may be a problem, but would that also keep the spray arm & tower from "powering up"? And if it is the solenoid, how do I check it?
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
if there is no water in the machine that means its the water inlet valve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Water comes into the machine, but seems to be at a low pressure. The water that comes in from the spray assembly just flows out as if it is not getting enough pressure, and any water that comes in seems to drain right out, never actually filling the tub. Would the water inlet valve only open partially and cause this? How do I check to see if the water inlet valve is functioning? Thanks.

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

you need a volt meter and put your leads on the terminals and see if your getting 120 volts there should be a screen in the inlet valve that could be plugged up also

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Went home during my lunch hour. Looks like everything is getting power according to my voltmeter. But did not have a chance to take it appart to check the inlet valve for clogs.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
did you get 120 across the water inlet valve?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. Checked the solenoid and the motor as well, all were reading 120V.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
you need to see about that screen