william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I have Jenn Air SVE47600WC electric range that the broiler

Customer Question

I have Jenn Air SVE47600WC electric range that the broiler and oven may or may not come on when turned on. Replaced display which shows that broiler is on or oven is preheating in bake mode. Each mode may work 1 out of every 3 or 4 attempts to turn on. Internal fan comes on when broiler is turned on and can hear humming sound in stove when oven is on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
are you getting any fault codes with this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok you replaced the ERC then?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The clock piece yes. Not the keypad which seems to be working properly. The display reads that the broiler is on or the oven is preheating the the burners may or may not work. I can cancel and try again and it may work. May have to cancel and restart 4 or 5 times, but the display always indicates that the oven is working.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok you could have 2 problems 1 could be the oven sensor 2nd could be the relay board in order to test the oven sensor do you have a meter?
william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do but I am not very adept at using it. With a little guidance I am sure I can use it properly
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok no problem unplug your oven pull it out and take the back panel off let me know when thats done ok is this a ditigal meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is digital
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok do you have the back off? when you look inside the oven cavity you should see a steel rod pokeing out in the upper corner which corner is it in? thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The wife called a repairman before I could get home to see about it. Thanks for your help
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks good luck
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If he does not show up I'll be back in touch
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok ill be here