Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

Hi, just wondered if you could help. I have a 12 volt Inlander

Hi, just wondered if you could help. I have a 12 volt Inlander fridge on my narrowboat. the motor will not start and the diagnosis from thr fridge, flashing LED 3 times, states "Differential pressure too high, swithch off for 10 mins and re-try" I done that it still will not kick in. Ther is ample power to the unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Can you notice if the fan is running once you turn the unit on?

Another thing to check is if the compresor is vibrating as you turn the unit on ? It should be vibrating, then while running the alarm would appear.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Francis,
Nothing seems to run, the light is on inside so there is power and sufficient power as these type of 12v fridges won't run at less than 10.5 battery power.Thought initially that weas the problem but the flashing of the LED 3 times means, according to the manual, the reason why the motor will not run is to do with differential pressure being too high whatever that may mean ?
Thanks
Martyn
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

The flashing led 3 times is correct. The electronic module somehow detects a high current on the controller thinking the unit is having too muvh head pressure.

If the coompressor is running, then it could be true if the fan is not running to cool down the condenser. This would prevent the head pressure to go high and the current to go high as well.

Now if the compressor can not run due to mechanical problem, (stuck unit) then the current would tend to go high as well and would create the same 3 flashes of the LED.

That is why You need to confirm if the fan is running or the compressor is running or the compressor is just humming.

If the fan is not running, check for the availability of 12 volts at the fan terminal ( while you turn it on ). If you have12 v, then just replace the fan. The compressor could have overheated and opens up the thermal overload.

After you replace the fan, Let it rest for about an hour and test it again,. seee if the compressor would run this time the same time as the fan.