Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

After removing the filtre cylinder of my1705 ASKO Supercleaning

After removing the filtre cylinder of my1705 ASKO Supercleaning system dishwashing machine, I found a loose plastic item in the bottom of the filtre well. It is an odd-shaped black plastic thingo with tiny "dials" stamped on it. Also a number <pp-T20<(NNN) NNN-NNNN479 (although the last two digits have been rubbed out). The thingo seems a bit worn and some of the corners chipped off. I could not ascertain where the thingo came from down in the filtre well so I removed it and replaced the filtre system. The dishwasher seems to run OK without this thingo. No odd noises. Rattle sounds are gone. Dishes come out clean.
Question: what should I do about this development? Do I need to have the dishwasher repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
it sounds like that might be the little dial that goes inside your rinse agent dispenser. Open your rinse agent lid and see if it's missing for some reason.

If it's not then I'm not sure what part that is because the part number doesn't come up. You can call warranty if you like and perhaps a hands on look will determine what it might be but even then it may not be from the dishwasher (I can't imagine what else it would be front but you never know).

If the dishwasher runs fine you can assess your own risk I suppose but pay attention to how well the dishes are getting washed as it may gradually get worse if something somewhat insignificant at first affects performance down the road.