Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Range Model MER6755AAW and when I try to set

I have a Maytag Range Model MER6755AAW and when I try to set the oven to clean the bottom door will lock but the top door will not. The motor on the top door motor will not actuate. What should I look for?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
if it won't lock then you either have a bad lock motor or a bad control board. You can check the power to the latch motor and if you are getting 120V then your lock motor is bad. If you are not getting 120V then the control board is bad.

Many times on this model you can reset the power to the unit by unplugging it for 60 seconds or shutting the power off at the circuit breaker for 60 seconds. Sometimes if the issue is with the control board it will unconfuse the control board.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is the power constant from the control board or only when the clean button is pushed?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
after the clean button is pushed it will be constant for about 2 minutes at which point it will give you an error saying it has failed to lock the door.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not getting power to the motor. Where is the location of the control board and how difficult is it to replace?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
the control board is the display clock board on this unit, it's one in the same. Here is the part, it's about $130. You can order it from this website as well or you can find a local appliance parts store and pick it up if they have one in your area.