Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I replace the fron glass door on a Jenn Air oven model

Customer Question

How do I replace the fron glass door on a Jenn Air oven model number JJW9530CAW ???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
you have to take the entire door off. To do this you need to open the door all the way up. Then stick a 1/2 inch pin through the hole in the hinge that appears when the door opens all the way. You will need to put a pin through both hinges. Then you can shut the door until the hinge locks on the 2 pins. This will allow you to pull the door up and out. Then you can remove the screws coming in from the bottom and the top to replace the front glass panel on the door.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I may have provided you the wrong model number. I have a Jenn-Air Electric Wall-Oven, Model number #JJW8530CAW. Please understand that I broke the glass door front only and just received the replacement part (#74005617) but there are no instructions with the replacement unit. I dont want to break this again installing it.

Is it easy to install?

Can I do it myself?

Or should I hire a professional installer?

Thank you,

Judy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I mistakenly provided you the wrong model number. I have a Jenn-Air Electric Wall-Oven, Model number #JJW8530CAW. Please understand that I broke the glass door front "only" and just received the replacement part (#74005617) but there are no instructions with the replacement unit. I dont want to break this again installing it.

Is it easy to install?

Can I do it myself?

Is there a instruction manual for replacing this decorative glass front door?

Thank you,

Judy

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
the model is still relatively the same and the instructions are still the same.

It's not easy to install if you dont know what you are doing unfortunately. This is the manual on how to service your oven door it's on page (2-1) CLICK HERE

Because of the tension required in installing the new door I would higher a professional installer to do this job if it were me but you can read over the instructions and see if you think it's something you yourself can handle.