Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my fisher Paykel gwl 10 washer 60% wont get all the way through

Customer Question

my fisher Paykel gwl 10 washer 60% won't get all the way through a wash cycle before it stops and continually beeps. Will beep forever until turned of or unplugged for a few minutes. Sometimes it will wash correctly, sometimes it will go through the cycle and stop again and beep continually
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
lets see what error you are getting.

Turn the machine off.

press and hold the WASH TEMP DOWN BUTTON then press and hold the power button until the machine beeps 2 times and lights up.

press the spin speed up button 3 times so that the Hold and Slow LEDs are illuminated.

Look at the 8 lights at the top. Tell me which ones are lit up from LEFT to RIGHT

example( 1st, 5th, 8th )
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the low water level light is on, slow and hold spin lights are on, no other lights are on

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok well please do the test again. Or just run it through a cycle until it starts beeping at you and tell me what lights are lit up at the top. (no lights means no error so that's a bit strange especially when it's beeping at you and stopping the cycle)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry for the wait it washes half the time no problem, then after a couple loads it screws up 3 5 7 8 and beeps continually
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok so this error means that the unit thinks that it's going out of balance. The problem is they had this issue a lot so they redesigned the control board without an out of balance switch, they don't even make the out of balance switch anymore. You will need to call fisher and paykel at 1-888-936-7872. They are the only supplier of parts for your machine unfortunately. They don't make the old out of balance switch anymore and the new control board bypasses the old switch. It uses the motor's rotory positioning sensor to detect the new out of balance issues.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The beeps are 1 every second until you shut off the machine (not the beeps that occur when your machine is plugged in).
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
I understand that, it's still the same problem that I listed above however.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Would you be able to give me the part number for the control board?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
I honestly can't unfortunately. Fisher and Paykel could if you called them but they don't provide ANYONE with lookups for their parts--- they just don't want distributers to start carrying their parts.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just an update...we were able to buy the out of balance switch and housing for $40. We have installed it and the washer works great. There was no need for a new control panel at a cost of $190.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
well i'm glad you were able to do that, I'm not sure where you got the out of balance switch because my fisher and paykel rep told me they no longer sell them and that they have updated the control board to bypass the switch. Either way I'm glad you got it up and running again. Grats!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This was a stock item we purchased from:

Convenient Appliance Service

4018 Country Club Road

Winston-Salem, NC 27104

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ah, thank you.