Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Frigidaire side by side started making a very loud noise last

Frigidaire side by side started making a very loud noise last night. Water in door was a fast drip. Flushed water line, changed filter, getting good water out of door but no water going into icemaker (GSI-23). ON bar is down. Brass rod under ice bin is in middle of rectangle in back that goes up and down. Need water for ice. 12 hrs since filter changed, no water for ice. Suggestions?
the problem is probably due to the filter introducing air into the system. When you get air in the system you get water that wants to drip out. If it drips out into the icemaker fill tube it will freeze before it gets to the icemaker itself. Check the fill tub leading to the icemaker and if it's full of ice you need to thaw it out with a hair dryer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sounds like a possibility. Thanks much.
good luck to you friend
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much, work up with ice this morning. I will use your service again.
very glad I could help you. You have a great rest of the week friend.