Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a Whirlpool fridge that is dripping water from the freezer

I have a Whirlpool fridge that is dripping water from the freezer onto the top shelves in the fridge. The model is ET22DK.
You need to remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer. You will see alot of I built up. Clear the ice and you will see a drain hole in the middle in the back. Pour hot water on that hole until it starts to drain. ir you can unplug the frig for a day and it will melt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried this in the past. This happens usually once a year for the past 3-4 years. Not a big deal to me because the fridge could use a good cleaning annually anyways. The dripping is happening more frequently ( 3x since October 08). Is there anything else that could be the problem? Should I feed some weed-eater string through the drain to make sure it is clear?

Shove something down the hole to make sure it isnt blocked.