Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, I will try this one more time. I am receiving an f30 error

Customer Question

Hi, I will try this one more time. I am receiving an f30 error on my kenmore elite stove. It's a fairly new stove. I paid a technician to com in and diagnose the problem. This was supposedly an expert. He said i needed a new control panel. I paid the technician for his diagnosis (60.00) and bought the control panel (350.00). I decided to install it myself which was relatively easy. The result? I still get the f30 reading. I decided to get some advise from JUST Answer. The technician said f30 is a sensor ( heat probe) in the oven. I paid the fee to him and bought a heat sensor probe. 55.00. I installed it myself. The result. I still get an f30 reading. Guys I need some "Expert" advise. I'm willing to pay for it if i can get this stupid oven to work. For emphasis. Do not tell me f30 is a control panel or heat probe. I've replaced both to no avail. Tell me something new please. thank you very much.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
F30 means your sensor is dectecting an open sensing probe inside the oven (the heat probe).

The only 2 components that can give the problem are the sensor itself or the control board. Both people are "somewhat" correct. But if you have replaced both parts and still getting the same issue, then either one of your components is bad, or the wiring between the board and the probe is bad.

Check the resistance of the heat probe at room temperature, it should read 1080 Ohms. If it's more than 5% off then replace it. If not then it's either the wires between the probe and the control board, or the control board itself. There are NO other options.