Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi, I will try this one more time. I am receiving an f30 error

Customer Question

Hi, I will try this one more time. I am receiving an f30 error on my kenmore elite stove. It's a fairly new stove. I paid a technician to com in and diagnose the problem. This was supposedly an expert. He said i needed a new control panel. I paid the technician for his diagnosis (60.00) and bought the control panel (350.00). I decided to install it myself which was relatively easy. The result? I still get the f30 reading. I decided to get some advise from JUST Answer. The technician said f30 is a sensor ( heat probe) in the oven. I paid the fee to him and bought a heat sensor probe. 55.00. I installed it myself. The result. I still get an f30 reading. Guys I need some "Expert" advise. I'm willing to pay for it if i can get this stupid oven to work. For emphasis. Do not tell me f30 is a control panel or heat probe. I've replaced both to no avail. Tell me something new please. thank you very much.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Trace the wiring from the heat probe to where it connects to the control board, remove the connector at the control board and ohm it, if it is showing to be open at that point you will need to find the break in the wiring itself to the probe and repair that or replace the wiring harness, if the wiring does not show to be open to the probe then the new control board is faulty....