rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
15347769

I have a maytage neptune washer. Today the water just kept

Customer Question

I have a maytage neptune washer. Today the water just kept filling up in the machine and leaking out from the bottom of the door. I opened the door the water just gushed out. I also got a shock from the washer as well. Is something fried or shorted ? Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  rob clement replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bill
You have a problem with the pressure switch or connecting tubing or something is clogged.Can you give ma a model # XXXXX I can help you better.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI Rob, Model Number MAH5500BWW - Why Would I get a shock ?
Appliances are not like your lights,they are allowed to break the neutral and leave the hot line on all the time so there is a current path.If you are on a conductive surface or a wet area you can get a shock..Is the washer overfilling while you are washing a load or when it si not being used?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was standing in the water..... I understand...... As far as the washing machine filling and not stopping.... What do you think is wrong.... ???

Is it overfilling with water while in use ,or is it filling up overnight?If it is overfilling while in use the pressure switch is probably bad.Or the tubing and ports are clogged.Try cleaning the machine with a product called afresh(you can google it).If it overfills while not in use the watervalve is most likely bad.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It overfills while in use... How do I replace the pressure switch ? where is it located and what does it look like ?
You need to remove the door and front panel,raise the top and it will be a reddish brown and black round piece with wires and a hose attached.It will be either on the pump on the lower right side or in the control panel
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Awesome - Thank You
Sorry,forgot to memtion the screws in the dispensor,they will have to be removed also.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI Rob,

It was the pressure Switch - Piece of cake to exchange Thanks Again

Anytime.Just ask me