Glenn
Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
281739

Found water bubbling out of the cold water supply to the top

Found water bubbling out of the cold water supply to the top of the water heater what should we do in order to stop the flow and to ensure that no other damage to the water heater occurs. Also, I want to ensure that the gas is off for obvious safety reasons.
Hello

There should be both hot and cold shut off water valves near the heater
You should also see a gas shut off just before the heater also shut them all off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I shut the pilot off on the water heater would that be alright besides the items you suggest?

Hello

Yes turn the gas control knob to off and then the water valves

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hope the last question falls under the first fee. I am on food stamps and rental assistance so I can not afford much but I promise you as my economic status gets better I will make up for this fee.
Oh ya only one fee
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My question about the pilot light that followed the original question, am I going to get charged for that? I hope not because it was part of the original question or should have been addressed in the answer don't you think?
No sir only one charge
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks and have a fantabulous evening, at least where I am (Green Bay).
cool a little cold there still