Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

need diagram to hook up new capacitor on Maytag mmv5156aas

ok so I don't have a diagram but here is how you hook it up.

ok so the capacitor has 2 plug sides----one side is no different then the other.

1 wire is coming straight from the transformer. That wire goes to 1 side of the capacitor.

1 wires is coming from the magnetron That wire goes to the other side of the capacitor. In addition to this wire there is a DIODE. Connect the diode to the same side of the capacitor as this magnetron wire.

The other side of the diode connects to the case of the microwave or to "ground"

be SURE to discharge the old capacitor before intalling the new one as they can potentially carry 3000V and if you don't discharge them properly it can KILL YOU.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is the magnetron the metal box in the back of the microwave? Looks like to transformer is towards the front?
I'm not getting a picture of the breakdown clearly. But the magnetron is the big heavy metal block usually sitting on the floor of the microwave.

The magnetron is a metal device with "fins" and a white plug with 2 terminals.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I just installed and it still does not heat but makes a humming noise....any advice
sounds like your magnetron is bad. That is much more common then a capacitor being bad.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey, thanks for your help, I guess I'll have to buy the magnetron or new microwave..

Kind Regards,
no problem, best of luck to you friend.