Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my GE PF22SISASS fridge, which is about 3 years old, isnt

my GE PF22SISASS fridge, which is about 3 years old, isn't cooling properly; the freezer won't keep ice cream cold, and the ice is at a melting point. The temp control panel goes blank, then comes on again. The problem is intermittent--we had several months of no problems. But now the control panel is blank again, the freezer isn't cold, and when the control panel is on, it reads 25 degrees F for the freezer.
So the control panel is on now, how long ago did it turn on? And has the temperature been getting colder since the display came back on?

Also, has the fresh food side been having any problems?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the control panel came on again; now it's off again. I think the fridge still cools when the control panel is off, but maybe not as well. I can't tell if the freezer is colder when the control panel is on or not--we had this problem last summer, then all winter it was fine, and now it's back. Fresh food side seems okay.
can you relook at that model please? I'm not pulling up that model number, something is messed up in the first 5 digits.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It says PFS22SISASS for model number; MHO46285 for service number
ok perfect thank you. So the problem is going to be with your control board in the back of the unit. If you pull the unit foward there is a device that supplies everything with power. The board is located behind an 8" X 10" sheet metal panel. Here is a link to the board I am talking about. The part is very easy to change, just plug and play. Make sure to unplug the unit before replacing the board however.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
would you happen to know what the standard GE warranty is on these?
just 1 year that's it unfortunately. Longer on sealed system stuff but this issue isn't a sealed system issue.