Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My maytag neptune TL stops on quick cycle at 24 minutes with

My maytag neptune TL stops on quick cycle at 24 minutes with no codes. ( Of a 30 minute cycle) . Any Ideas?
What is the complete model number?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model : FAV6800AWW
Does the display stay on at 24 or does it shut off when it gets there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The control panel stays lit as if it is in cycle but it doesn't progress. It stays in the wash portion of the cycle. The machine appears to shut off as it makes no sound.
Does the lid stay locked?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes , the lid stays locked.

Turn off the machine then power it up. follow the following steps to put it into service mode. then do the quick serivce cycle after putting it into service mode, monitor it and tell me what it does..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I put it into service mode and it is cycling through a series of 2 diget numbers .
We recorded one of the series as 00,3,11, 24,36,44,47,48
The numbers are changing order so I assume it is running a Diagnostic. Will it return a single code?
Is it still running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think the 00 was engine speed. The additional numbers were just the motor speed as it was trying to run. It makes noise, you get these random motor speed numbers and then it stops. I think these are just random motor speed numbers.

I reset it and tried the sequence again. The display showed SC which we took to mean Service cycle. That didn't appear the 1st time. Then nothing happened.
This may sound stupid, is the water turned on? this would do this if the water is not turned on to the machine..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes in fact the machine was in cycle , doing a wash . The water is still in the tub. It is almost like the pump to discharge it is not turning on.

You can click on the blue link below to download the service manual for your machine. It will show you how to access the the water pump on the bottom and make sure that it is cleared of obstructions.