Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Monogram standing refrig bought about

I have a GE Monogram standing refrig bought about 3 years ago...I can not get the temperature to stabilize on the icebox side (maybe freezer too, not sure about that).. Right after I reset to 45 degress, it pops right back to 21 or so...has been like this from the begining (this is a country house, and the frig doesn't get a lot of use), but when we need it, we need it! Everything freezes....any suggestions?
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan - no, im in San Antonio now and this place is about an hour away...I was just trying to figure out if there was something I could do to get this working, because getting repairman out there is not so easy...any general ideas?
ok you need to replace the control board in this , I've run into this before. luckily I know which board you need. its this one. Main Control Board - Click Image to Closethe part # XXXXX
WR55X10656 even though the paper work says a different # XXXXX will get the new revised board because G.E. had to re disign these because of failer. Sears wants $135.00 but if you go to this site it's only $125.12 and these guys garranty it for a full year. also they ship right away. change this board and you should be all set. heres the site. the board is located in the back of refrigerator behind a panel on the right side when you pull the refrigerator out from the wall. hope this helps thanks Bryan