Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an AEG Competence B2100-4 Built-In Electric Oven. The

I have an AEG Competence B2100-4 Built-In Electric Oven. The cooling fan continually runs and does not switch off, even after the oven use has finished. I have switched off the main electrical supply to the oven and switched it back on but this has not helped. Please can you advise the possible problem and solution. Thanks in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well this is run by a thermostat uasually on the roof of the oven . I cant find diagrams on this but am pretty sure this is whats causing the fan to stay running. do you have the wirring diagram? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan. I have the User Guide but unfortunately this doesn't contain a wirring diagram. A faulty thermostat makes sense in that it's tricking the fan to continually be working. Is this easy to replace and will I need to remove the oven in order to replace the thermostat? Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure if you need to remove the whole oven usually these are located behind the control panel where your touch pad is . like I said I cant find the diagrams on this but will try when I get home from work.I will get back to you then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Speak to you soon. Thanks in advance. Piers

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm back and will start looking for info for you after I have my dinner. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
boy I cant find any diagrams for this , is there any screws under the panel when you open the door? if there is try removing these and see if the control panel will come off. is this oven in the cabinet? you may have to pull it out a bit to see if theres screws on top also. shut breaker off before attempting this. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think that the oven will need to come out of the kitchen unit. Access to the thermostat is behind the control panel as you say. From what I can gather I'm looking for a blue torpedo shaped device fastened into the wiring loom

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=26_280_470&products_id=349

How do I pull the oven out of the unit as it is securely fastened? Do i need to do anything to the ceramic hob part or if I pull on the oven will it just slide out? Obviously with the electricity turned off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to look for screws along the sides when you open the door. there should be screws down the sides. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As I open the oven door, there are 2 screws, one either side about a couple of inches below the control panel. These the right screws?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do they go into the cabinet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. So presumably once I've unfastened these it will allow the oven unti to pull forward a few inches to give me access to the top front of the control panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thgats usually how i do it. be carefull not to pull it out to far as not to let the oven tip forward and fall! let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK I have lifted off the top of the control panel and can see that the blue torpedo shape has burnt. There are black scorch marks on it. Is this the correct replacement part I need? The one in my oven has 4 wires coming out of it - 2 white and 2 blue.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes I believe this is your problem.this controls the fan by sensing the temp. and turning the fan on as needed to cool the control assembly. thanks Bryan