Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My step daughter over loaded my maytag LSG1000 washer. Since

My step daughter over loaded my maytag LSG1000 washer. Since then it has agitated and drained through the pump. But the belt burns when it trys to run the spin cycle. I'm not sure what part I should be checking and where to get one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
did this screech when it stopped spinning or did just the belt burn up? this machine has two belts on the washer one for the pump and one for the spin. you probably have to change these. if one burns up the other streches out and they slip. if you heard this screech to a hault you may have a bad spin bearing. can you pull the machine out and tip machine back (lean it back and have someone hold it ) and if yopu look underneath you will see the two belts, roll them off and turn the large pully in the middle both directions (not sure which way makes this spin) and see if the tub spins. let me know , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
these are the two belts. pump belt> Part 437300 drive belt.> Part 437301these are the belts you need to replace,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I replaced the belt previously and it still burns.

My wife heard a noise when the machine was over loaded but isn't sure she an call it a screech. Did your get my reply saying that the big wheel turns clockwise and turns the motor pulley and the pump belt. But doesn not turn counter clockwise.

thanks Dave

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
so you cant tyrn teh drum with the big pully? if you cant you need a new tud spin bearing. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its fozen up. you can buy this here, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LSG1000-%3d%3di1472880&PartID=1472880 this is your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Does the part come with installation instructions?

Their is a warning label under the pulley about a 200 lb spring and seeing the directions.

Can you tell me what to watch out for?

thanks

dave

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no you wont be taking the transmission appart(thats where the spring is) your going to remove the inner and outer tub to get at this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i do this
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you need to open the top of washer. take the two screws out of the front panel on the bottom and pull panel out from the bottom then set front aside. on each side at the very front you will see going up into the top a bolt holding top down remove these and the bleach hose and lift top ,let it lean back. then remove the ring around top of outer tub and then remove the ring and the agitator. there will be a 1/4" screw down around the bottom of agitator take this out and pull agitator off. you will then need the spanner wrench(special tool) you can buy when you get the bearing kit. take spanner nut off and lift out the inner tub, follow instructions from there. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks i'll let you kno how it goes!!!!! thanks dave
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem , please press accept its the only way I get paid for helping you.you can still come back and ask questions at no extra cost to you. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.