Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello last mouth I talked to LarryYB about my samsung refrigerator

Hello last mouth I talked to LarryYB about my samsung refrigerator model # XXXXX . He told me to replace the defrost sensor ,, part number DA32-00006N, so I did and the frigerator coil is starting to freeze over again. The refrigerator is fine its just the freezer that has the problem. The temp in the freezer is starting to rise and the fan is has ice on it and is make a noise , please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds to me like you still have a defrost problem. it could be the defrost heater or the defrost board. this has an electronic defrost board in it. you need to check the heater first and if its good replace the board. let me know if you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes I have a volt meter and can check continuity

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you have already had the back panel off in the freezer right? take it off again and on the bottom of the coils you will see the heater. it looks like the element in your stove. uplug refrigerator and then unplug the heater and check it for continuity. if you have continuity then its fine. replace the defrost board. if no continuity then replace the heater. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
heres a link to parts and diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=RB215LASH+ hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
working on it ice covering everything
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you have to dfrost the ice to get at the heater, I'll be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

do you know the part # XXXXX the heater and the defrost board

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
on this site I believe its part # XXXXX is the heater on the diagram, # XXXXXhttp://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5172096 and on this diagram part #5 is the board. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5172096 on diagram # XXXXX
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I set my volt meter to ohm 20k and tested the heater and it read .25 so you thing it is the board then.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if you replaced the defrost thermostat then yes. there are only three parts ,the heater,thermostat and board in the defrost system. hope this helps. thanks Bryan