Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My admiral AAV7000AWW washing machine does not pump out the

My admiral AAV7000AWW washing machine does not pump out the water so I checked the drain hose (it was ok) and I tilted the machine over to check the belt drive. Now when I went for a test run the washer will overflow the tub if you don't push in the timer to stop it. When I put it on the rinse cycle it pumps out the water but will not spin and rinse.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may have pulled the little rubber hose that sends the water pressure to the water level control , the problem with the spin is either the lid switch or possibly the helix gear underneath the main pully. check the tube on the side bottom of the tub for the water problem first.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan, you were right about the hose. Now my problem is after the tub fills with water the motor just hums but drum does not agitate. If you advance it to spin the water will pump out but the drum does not spin and again the motor hums. Sounds like tranny trouble because the motor will run the pump but won't spin the drum?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you can try this kit. click here. this is the transmission pully and bearing repair kit. this is probably your problem. if this isnt then its the transmission. hope I've been of help to you and well wishes. thanks Bryan , P.S. if you think ive helped please press accept now its the only way i get paid for my time. thanks again, Bryan