Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my maytag dishwasher modelwu502 will not pump down

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
more than likely your belt is broke. can you take the kick plate off the bottom front and see if the beelt is laying on the bottom of machine? heres what it looks like. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Belt is intact, drain is not plugged some times it pumps down but it seems to not pump more and more frequently
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you hear the motor stop and then reverse direction? thats how it drains. also I would take the drain hose off the sink and put it in a bucket to see if it drains into it. sometimes gunk gets clogged in the pipes where it connects to the sink and the water wont drain. also is there allot of suds in the machine? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes on suds
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
what you need to do is clean the machine. you have soap buildup in this and the best way to clean this is white vinegar. get two to three large bottles of white vinegar and with no dishes in it run the hot water in your sink until its really hot then start the dish washer and fill it . put a whole bottle of vinegar in it and let it run through the cycle. repeat this until all the suds are gone. don't use any soap when doing this and no dishes in it, if its not draining put the hose in a bucket and see if it comes out into bucket. what you have going on is called a suds block. this can happen after enough suds gets into the pump assembly. try this and let me know , thanks Bryan