MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a GE refrigerator model # XXXXX and the water

I have a GE refrigerator model # XXXXX and the water dispenser on the door does not work,it makes ice and i replaced the item # XXXXX solenoid and also checked the water valve on the back it work fine.I also check the swtck on the front panel when you depress the water lever and the switch open and closes. any suggestion what I can check next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
Check the wire harness connection where the wires from the door connect to the cabinet harness for a bad connection.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I all ready did that everything loock good all features work with the ice maker but no water comes out of the water dispenser there is voltage at the swith on the arm when you close the micro switch.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
Then the relay on the control board which is on the back of the fridge is bad. It is actuated by the dispenser switch. It cannot be replaced, so replace the board.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do I test it...
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
The relay cannot be tested- as long as that signal from the disp switch is getting to the board then that is the issue. No further tetsing is needed. This fridge may be under a recall for this issue as well- call GE and see if it qualifies for such.