Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My Kenmore dishwasher door does not close and there is this

My Kenmore dishwasher door does not close and there is this silver bracket in the middle that is preventing it from closing. The door shut a couple days ago. Is there a simple fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
the silver bracket ,,, is it sticking out from the cabinet and the door is hitting it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes
that the latch ,,,, is it hitting below or above the hole in the door
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Below, I'm not really sure what happened it worked a couple days ago. No this silver latch is hanging down and the door will not close.
it got hung on something and bent ,,, with a screw driver stick it in the opening of the latch and bend it back up a little at a time till the door will close and the door latch and that will fix it / larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried and the latch is not bending
you are trying to bend the silver piece thats stcking out ,, right ,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, and it just goes back to it's original position.
it will bend ,,, just have to keep trying a little at a time and it will
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. I think I got it, the bracket was bent at a total 90 degree angle, I was trying to push the whole thing up and not bend the bent part. I wonder how it bent in the first place. Thanks so much for the help.
if it stick out far enough a pot or pan could hang on it and bend it a little and the trying to shut the door did it in haha ,,, glad i could help and please hit the accept button for me and have a good day / Larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service