Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

MY MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER DOOR IS LOCKED AND THE BOARD SAYS IT IS OPEN.

Customer Question

I STARTED A LOAD OF LAUNDRY AND PUSHED PAUSE TO ADD SOMETHING ELSE. I WAITED FOR THE DOOR TO UNLOCK PUT IT IN AND THEN FORGOT TO START THE LOAD AGAIN UNTILL LATER WHEN I WENT TO START IT THE BOARD SAYS THE DOOR IS OPEN SO I TRIED TO OPEN IT AND SHUT IT AGAIN BUT IT IS LOCKED AND WON'T LET ME RE-START MY LOAD TILL I OPEN THE DOOR AND SHUT IT AGAIN TO RESET THE BOARD.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
first unplug the washer and count to 30 and then plug it back up and see if it reset the board and if not you will have to take off the top and reach down to the latch and pull up on the release tap and if its not on this model then you will have to take the lower front panel off and reach up and pull down on the release tap and then you can start it again / larry