I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

MAYTAG MODEL MF12568AEW -SER.NO.10219441JC. INSTALLED NEW

MAYTAG MODEL MF12568AEW -SER.NO.10219441JC. INSTALLED NEW WATER FILTER, NOW ICE CUBE MAKER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. A FEW ICE CUBES HAVE BEEN MADE. HAVE ALLOWED 48 HOURS AFTER INSTALLING NEW FILTER. WATER IS DISPENSING OK TO DISCHARGE ON FRONT DOOR OF REFRIGERATOR.
HiYa,Customerbr />

Below I listed four of the most common reasons for your ice maker
to be not making ice even though the water dispenser works
.

Faulty Harvest Thermostat
There is a thermostat inside the icemaker that will close when the icemaker mold reaches the proper temperature. If the thermostat is not closing, the icemaker will not cycle.
Freezer too warm
The icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer in not below 12 degrees. Ensure proper temperature in freezer.
No water getting to ice maker, or not enough
The water inlet valve is the control device that allows water to enter the ice maker. It is energized during the last 5-8 seconds of the harvest cycle. During this 5 to 8 second period, there should be 110v across the two wires connected to the valve . If there is power supplied to the valve and the valve does not open to allow water to flow, the valve is defective.

However, if power is being supplied to the valve and water is flowing through it freely, it could be that you water supply line or inlet tube have frozen solid. These can be thawed with warm water or a hair dryer.
Shutoff arm in the off position
Ensure the shutoff arm is down and not in the raised position. If in the raised the position, the icemaker is in the off position and will not cycle.

Ice makers in side by sides are complicated to diagnose and even some techs may have a little difficulty zeroing on the exact solution.

You have good refrigerator and well worth the cost of a hands on tech.