Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My whirlpool dryer stops before the clothes are dry and if

My whirlpool dryer stops before the clothes are dry and if i try to turn it back on it won't always turn on. I don't smell anything burning.. if i wait a few hours (supposedly) it cools down enough to run again. Is this a thermostat problem? a blown fuse?
Does the dryer end the cycle and the clothes are still wet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the dryer stops and the clothes are still wet... i'm not sure that the 'cycle' on the dial has ended...
You could have either one of 2 problems. On would be simple. If the time ends the cycle and the clothes arent dry your house vent might be clogged. If The dryer shuts off before the end of cycle and you have to wait to restart it then the motor is bad.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i unplugged the dryer and removed the vent 'hose' and checked it out and there was barely anything in it.. i don't know about the part where it goes through the wall. If there's nothing in the hose what are the chances there would be something clogged in the wall?
There is a pretty good chance. Just run the dryer for a load with the vent disconnected.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you... now if the motor is bad am i better off just getting a new dryer instead of fixing this one? its 12 years old.
Yeah when the motor fails on a dryer it is better to replace the dryer.