Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
E1 Door latch not operating
1. Verify error code by pressing and holding CANCEL/OFF key for 5 seconds. Momentarily (less than 5 sec.)
press CANCEL/OFF key again to remove error code display.
2. If the door is not latched (locked), ensure that it is completely closed. Press CLEAN then START/ENTER.
Verify that the latch motor is operating.
3. Unplug range or disconnect power.
4. If motor did operate, check integrity of latch mechanism from cam/eccentric, through actuating rod, to latch
pawl and door slot. Ensure that pawl aligns with the door slot. Correct any mechanical malfunction.
Go to step 6.
5. If motor did not operate, check continuity of the latch motor and of electrical connections between oven
control and motor. If continuity is present, replace control.
6. Plug in range or reconnect power.
7. Put range into CLEAN mode to verify proper operation.
If you have found this info helpful then please pressGREEN ACCEPT button,this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback is appreciated.