applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

LG LRBC20512WW Refrigerator keeps beeping. Can I dismantle

Customer Question

LG LRBC20512WW Refrigerator keeps beeping. Can I dismantle this. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean like when the door is open?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Applianceguy - No. It just starts beeping randomly and is driving me crazy. I think this may be a problem for LG. Can I dismantle on circuit board somehow?

Look at the top of the doors, does it look like the doors are hitting the plungers for door switch. ( this is the only part I know that would be causing this noise).

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think it is a problem with the circuit board and it thinks that the door is ajar, when in fact it is not. That is why I would like to know if there is a way to dismantle this so it would stop beeping and beeping...

I would think it is the door switches b/4 the board. I will opt-out so another tech may help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I just got a call from LG - and they cannot help me. I would have to call a service center, blah, blah, blah...I am hoping someone can tell me how to dismantle this crazy alarm. (Can you tell I did not get a good night's sleep with this crazy beeping?!)

I am confused as to where to find the door switches. Can you be more specific?

The door switches should be on top under the plastic caps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no door switch on top, but inside the refrigerator.

Sorry I thought this was the french door unit. Push in the switch do the lights go off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the lights go off, so we adjusted something or other so that when the door closes it pushes the switch in more and that seems to have solved the problem for now. I guess we will have to schedule a tech. No beeping since 1:09. Thanks.

If there is no beeping I would hold off on calling for service.