Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

GE Profile MICROWAVE JVM 186OCFOO1 THE MICROWAVE TURNS ON

Customer Question

GE Profile MICROWAVE JVM 186OCFOO1 THE MICROWAVE TURNS ON THE TURNTABLE TURNS , ITS DOES NOT HEAT THE FOOD , AND IT MAKES A HUMMING NOISE   COULD IT BE THE MAGNETRON TUBE, PRODUCT IS 6YRS OLD THE TUBE IS COVERED FOR 10 YRS. HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello if you hear a humming noise and the unit is not heating the mag is most likely issue very common on this model.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHAT WILL THIS COST TO HAVE IT FIXED, THE WARNANTY STATES 10 YRS WE HAVE THIS UNIT SINCE MAY 2003
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
please read this carefully,

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , Be safe and call for service, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
To have a mag tube replaced under a parts warranty it will cost around 150 dollars in trip charge and labor.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I NEED SOMEONE TO REPAIR THIS ITEM, IN THE TOWN OF SHOREWOOD , ILL

BASED IN THE JOLIET , IL AREA CAN YOU HELP ME.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me see what I can find for you, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
here is some repair company's in or around your area. click here. http://www.fixya.com/repair/washers_dryers/us/il/shorewood hope this helps, thanks Bryan