Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool refrig model #GS6SHEXNS00 and the ice make

I have a Whirlpool refrig model #GS6SHEXNS00 and the ice make just quit working. The infrared light is still on and everything. Not sure what happened.
does the ice maker turn at all ? can you tell me if the ice maker is sideways across the front of freezer? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it turns. I can put a bag of ice in it and it will feed it out through the door. The container that holds the ice is in the door but the actual part that makes the ice is at the very top across the front. Does that help? Or maybe you mean does the part that is at the very top, does it turn? I don't think it does anything.
ok these are hard to get out of freezer but you need to remove the ice maker to check a few things. do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, no.
this is the ice maker itself. do you think you can get this out? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, you're talking to a stay-at-home mom here! :) I just went and looked at it. It doesn't look like it slides out because the door is in the way. Do I have to remove the screws to get it out?
well there is one 1/4" screw in the back right corner underneath. this has to come out then the plastic piece the screws holds in. then you need to push the switch in on the left side and slide the ice maker out towards you. let me know if you think you can do it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, I'll go look and try to get it out.
let me know .thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK I got it out, but all those wires are connected. Do I disconnect them?
yes but be careful theres power in these. what you need to do is take the front white cover off the ice maker, it just snaps on , a small screw driver will do the trick. then you will see this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check the center of the big gear if one of the white tabs is loose or broken this is your problem. let me know and I'll get you the best price for your module. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, in the very center of that wheel is a small circle with two small nubs (as in your picture). On mine, there is only one nub and the small circle doesn't fully enclose, it's more like a half circle. Not sure if that is broken or that's how it came.
no its broken you need to replace the module. do you have a appliance parts store nearby or do you want me to find the best price I can? let me know. P.S. these are not hard to replace .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you don't mind finding a price for me that would be great, but also tell me what part I need and I'll call around here. I'm sure we have some type of appliance store. I have to leave now to pick my daughter up from school, but I'll check your answer when I get back and Accept. Thanks!
ok heres what i got for you. Sears wants $77.00 repair clinic wants$73.00 and midway parts gets $57.45 thats you best buy on these. heres the link , the part # XXXXX XXXXX but same part. if your going to search around there this is the part #