Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Whirlpool Duet Front Loader Washer fills with water to

Our Whirlpool Duet Front Loader Washer fills with water to washing levels when the washer is not in use.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me model#? if you unplug the machine does it stop does filling? let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Excellent diagnsis. I have a follow up question and that is how do I replace the bad inlet water valve on my Whirlpool Duet Washer? I will pay $9 for your service. But please send me the "how."
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I owe you any money. I did not think that I said yes to payment. I do not paying the Tennessee man because he diagnosed the problem correctly. I only need to know how to replace the bad inlet water valve on my Whirlpool Duet Washer.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
bryan is offline but you have not paid anything yet but when you get your answer you will need to click the accept button to pay the $9 ,,, do you still need the info to replace the valve / larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to wait for Bryan. Please.

James Bullock

no problem ,,, bryan is a friend of mine and i believe he is out on a call but will be back later and i will let him know you are looking for him / larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will pay $9 for Bryan's help with water valve replacement (how to).

James Bullock

i see he has already send a page with a accept button on it didnt he ,,, if so i can help and you can hit the button on his answer if you like
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

I do not have the model number because it is my son's washing machine and he lives in Charlotte, NC.

It is a 3 year old Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Washer.

I will pay $9 for instruction to replace the bad valve for water intake.

I waited for you since you diagnosed the problem correctly.

James Bullock

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan. sorry i had internet problems and couldnt get back to you right away. anyway you dont have the model # XXXXX what I see. Larry was trying to help you in my absents , thanks Larry. on these machine you need to remove the top to get at the valve. there should be three screws holding the top on in the back , remove these and lift up the back of the top and pull it back to get it from under the front. once you have the top off you will see the valve. shut the water off at the wall and I believe without having a model # XXXXX should be a couple of screws holding the valve in remove these and the hoses and there will be two plugs on it also remove these but watch were they go so you dont get them reversed putting them back on. without a model I'm guessing at the way your valve comes out but believe this is the way.if you need more help let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.