Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

Kenmore Electric wall oven model #911-4088816 will not unlock

Customer Question

Kenmore Electric wall oven model #911-4088816 will not unlock door after self cleaning was done. The oven keeps running - motor/fan comes keeps coming on and off. I have already turned the curcuit breaker off and back on. I have pushed the cancel button, pretty much done everything I could think off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello how long has the self clean cycle been done? Also the fan comes on and then goes off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
About 2.5 hours. Fan comes on goes off and a few minutes later comes on again
Ok i would wait another hour before i start this process.You need to get a metal coat hanger then put a little loop in it put it in between the door and frame on the right of the middle then pull the loop to the left this will hook the door lock and open the door.If the fan comes on and goes off i would suspect that you have a bad oven sensor this is located on the back wall the sensor should ohm out at 1080 ohm if not replace it.Once you change the sensor the door should unlock.