How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Fridge/(Top) Freezer is making intermittent buzzing noise

This answer was rated:

My Fridge/(Top) Freezer is making intermittent buzzing noise from behind about every 5 mins or so..everything melted in freezer! I changed the control settings cooler the other day and it hasn't worked since...Help!
can you get me the model # XXXXX make. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you need to change the relay and overload on this. it is located on the side of the compressor. take the cover off the back of the refrirator and you will see the compressor. these relays go bad allot, heres the relay and overload. Part 586521 change this and you should be all set. hope this answers your question, if you need more info just ask, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks...I am going to look in the back now...

Do you know the part numbers or where I could get them?


sure heres a site that you can get it on. the part # XXXXX
8201647 if yours is white like this one. click here let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have never opened the back of my fridge before...

There is a white square thing that is attached to the compressor...

Is that it?

Or there is a black square part bear the back panel that is attached with wire to the white part...

I have a picture but it is too big to upload here...

the white square thing is it . you need to replace that. it should look like this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the other part is the run capacitor. hopethis helps. thanks bryan. p.s. you can get this here,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It looks different...There is no long part sticking out of it...

I am trying to figure out how to post a picture...So you can see it...


How do I get it off the compressor so maybe I can get a better look at it?

ok let me check again
here this should be it> you can get this here. hope this helps. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.


I think this is a link to some pictures of it...

That one looks more like it...


How do I remove it?

Last part of this question....I hope!

ok the last one i sent you is it. unplug the refrigerator and take a screw driver and just pry it off . it just slips onto three posts on the side of compressor. very easy to replace. thats it . thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks Bryan...

I am going to order the part now...

You were a great help!

Thanks for all your patience!


no problem well wishes and that part should take care of your problem. if you need me for more info just let me know I'll be glad to help. thanks again, Bryan