Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my 1.5 yr old front load ge washer (large cap) doesnt wash

my 1.5 yr old front load ge washer (large cap) doesnt wash (tumble)or spin out the wash or rinse water. A repair man came out & cleand the vent, levelled the washer & told me he doesnt see any problems. he advised to keep the load large enought so that it can distribute. none of my cycles work. I have wet dirty laundry. I hear the washer drain but wont sping out. what is wrong with my washer? please help me . I have 2 co workers with the same exact problem. thank you for your time. Sheila H Model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX
it sure sounds like its not draining fully. you may hear water going out but its probably not emptying completely. take the front bottom cover off and remove the catch strainer by turning it counter clockwise and see if theres anything in the drain system. let me know thanks Bryan, heres the pump. the stainer is facing out right in the middle you will see a cap to turn, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The repair man did do that already. Keep in mind the drum is not turning at all. the clothes do not move. I know this because I have spent hours sitting in front of it watchintg the time clock click down. it unlocks and flashes and doesnt turn itself back on. there is not an error code showing. I have had service out twice.

ok well the drum wont go to spin if theres any water left under the drum. does it go back and forth to agitate ? do you hear the motor run at all? I cant believe the service man said theres nothing wrong. it sounds like he took you for a ride. let me know if the drum turns back and forth in agitate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The drum is not turning for washing nor spinning for spin. I do hear a motor running, the washer makes motor type sounds.
your belt may have come off. there is a back panel on this you should remove to check the belt, heres the diagrams, click here , take a look at the belt in the rear . let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am at work right now, will do this view panel and check out my washer when I get home. were is the green button to pay you? you have been very helpful. I will be back in touch when I have more information
ok thanks the button should be there now. get back to me when you get home , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how can i find and get you?
if you need more info just come back and ask me. thanks Bryan