Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool gas stove, model #gs470lemt and when i cut

I have a whirlpool gas stove, model #gs470lemt and when i cut the oven on it stays on for a little bit...once it finish preheating it starts to make a clicking sound and it doesn't stay heated long...i wait a few minutes and try it again and all it do is makes a clickindg sound like it is try to light up again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have one of two possible problems on this. the burner assembly with the spark igniter may be bad or your ignition module is bad, this is the burner, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=and this is the module Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=usually its the module. i'll check on the igniter seperate from the burner.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so should i get both of them or get the module it easy to put on?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the module is $115.00 and the igniter is $25.00 here it is. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this would be the cheapest start on this. you can tell if the igniter is gone by watching through the bottom drawer if you have on and see if the spark is jumping before it gets to the burner. I would try the igniter first just for the cost. click here for parts site. hope this helps you , thanks Bryan